Summer has officially arrived. As much as we love the warm weather that occurs every summer, we still need to take care of our skin. Today is the right occasion to be extra cautious everywhere we go.
Let’s talk about the culprit, the sun. We can’t deny the acne and increased skin dangers we might get from the UV rays. While wearing sunscreen, moisturizing regularly, drinking loads of water, and adding humidifiers to room works, additional steps of being wary will be very much accepted. Including a face mask routine can definitely help replenish moisture and is a great way to stay hydrated. Here are some homemade DIY face masks to enjoy this summer:
1. Avocado and Honey Mask
Avocado and honey mask is great to restore the moisture in the skin, which is lost in the dry heat of summers. Avocado provides nutrition to your skin with a delicious smell and freshness while honey works wonders giving your skin protection and helps support the immune system.
- ½ ripe avocados
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- Mash avocados to a fine creamy texture and add honey to it. Apply it all over your face and keep for 15 minutes until dry. Wash off with warm water and dab dry with a towel.
2. Detoxifying Coffee and Honey Mask
The caffeine content in this mask is great for detoxifying and reducing the puffiness on your face. The yogurt base with honey is great to restock moisture in your skin. This mask will also take down a few years from your face instantly.
- 2 tbsp freshly ground coffee
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl to form a spreadable mixture. Allow it to dry on your skin for about 10 minutes. Exfoliate your skin by scrubbing gently when you remove this pack. Rinse thoroughly and enjoy your young and fresh skin.
3. Oatmeal Honey Mask
Oatmeal masks are great to soothe irritated skin. It’s also effective in treating skin problems, like eczema, pimples, breakouts, etc., when mixed with honey and yogurt. It has antibiotic and soothing properties as well.
- 1/3 cup instant oatmeal
- ½ cup hot water
- 1-2 tbsp yogurt
- 1tbsp honey
- Mix the oatmeal in hot water till it puffs up and turns soft. Now, add honey and yogurt and blend it with the help of a blender. Make a spreadable paste of it and apply evenly on your face or eczema patches. Leave for 15-20 minutes while you relax. Wash off and dab try. This pack can also be used for underarms, neck, etc.