- ½ ounce pure honey
- 1 ounce lemon juice (about ½ medium lemon)
- 2 ounces gin
- Lemon twist (for garnish)
- To make the honey syrup, you need to combine equal parts honey and water in a microwave-safe bowl or small saucepan. Warm in the microwave until you can completely stir the honey into the water. Set aside.
- Before juicing your lemons, use a vegetable peeler to peel off a strip of zest for your twist.
- To make the cocktail, fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the pure honey, lemon juice and gin. Securely fasten the lid and shake until the mixture is very cold, about 30 seconds.
- Strain the drink into a coupe or martini glass. Twist the lemon peel over the cocktail to release some of its oils, then drop it in. Enjoy while it’s still cold.