Muffins are typical so we’ll be going back to old school Beeville Honey Cakes, imagine this like a muffin but it’s a little sweet Honey cake dessert that is packed with gooey goodness. These beeville honey cupcakes are rich in vitamins and minerals, it can help you with your weight loss, and it is like a healthy substitute of sugar thanks to the benefits of honey! It can also boost your energy, so before you go to the gym make sure you make these Beeville Honey Cakes as a special treat for you!
1 egg, well beaten
¾ cups of fine granulated sugar
1 tablespoon of unsalted butter, melted
1 cup of sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups of all purpose flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
¼ teaspoon of baking soda
¾ teaspoon of salt
½ cup honey
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit, grease your muffin tin and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the egg until it is frothy. Beat in the sugar and butter and the cream until it is light and fluffy then add the sour cream and vanilla; blend well.
- Get your sifter and sift the dry ingredients together then add the dry ingredients to the sour cream mixture. Mix it by hand and blend well.
- Pour your batter into your greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from the oven and spread your honey topping over the cakes and return it into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the topping is bubbling.
- Take the cakes out of the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes to room temp and then serve after cooling and enjoy!
Recipe by imperialsugar