Honey and Cinnamon, a powerful combination? How true is this?
Some people claim that these two ingredients are very helpful and can possibly defeat almost any disease. It is known for a fact that both honey and cinnamon have been used separately for medicinal purposes. However, it boils down to the question: do they make an excellent combination together?
The benefits of these two combined is still being researched although, there are also some proven benefits who can attest its attributes and effectiveness.
Take a look at the following benefits of honey and cinnamon when consumed together:
- Weight loss
- There are claims about the combination of honey and cinnamon as a pound-shedding tool. It is an all-natural way that needs to be included in your weight loss journey because of its medicinal properties and fighting stubborn fats.
- Heart diseases
- A paste of honey reduces the cholesterol and could possibly save one from heart attack. Regular use of honey and cinnamon strengthens the heartbeat.
- Known for its antibiotic properties, honey-cinnamon mask helps clear acne naturally. It can reduce the appearance of melasma and dark spots. Beauty vloggers go for this natural treatment rather than getting an expensive product.
- Bladder infections
- Taking two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water regularly destroys the germs in the bladder.
- Immune system
- According to studies, honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system. Scientists have found that honey contains plenty of vitamins and iron.
- Clear your sinuses with a common remedy; take one tablespoon lukewarm honey with ¼ spoon cinnamon powder for at least 3 days. Both ingredients are antibacterial, anti-viral, antimicrobial and can fight the virus which causes cough and cold.
- A study from Japan revealed that cinnamon powder relieves gas from the stomach when taken with honey.
To sum it off, both ingredients are a rich source of antioxidants and have natural antibacterial properties. Experts prefer consuming these ingredients on a regular basis in order to see better results. They also mentioned that even though honey is sweet, it does not harm diabetic patients as long as it is taken in the right dosage as a medicine.
Given the health benefits, are you willing to try honey and cinnamon together? Let us know!