Using pure honey from a local farmers market is better tasting than commercial brands. This pie is all about creamy custard that is sweetened and flavoured with a delicious natural pure raw honey that also has a custard filling. A delicious pie that is perfect for all honey and custard lovers.
Refrigerated Pie Crust
4 Large Egg Yolks (lightly beaten)
2 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup unpacked light brown sugar
⅓ cup cornstarch, sifted
½ tsp salt
½ cup honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare the pie crust in a deep pie pan and set it in the fridge. Do not pre-bake it. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the egg yolks to a large bowl. Set aside.
- To make the filling, heat the heavy cream, brown sugar, cornstarch and salt on a saucepan on medium heat until it comes to a rolling boil, stir until it thickens.
- Once the mixture comes to a full boil, remove it from the heat.
- Temper the eggs by adding a little bit of the cream mixture to the eggs and whisking, then adding a little more. Add the remaining cream mixture and stir until combined and smooth.
- Add the honey and vanilla extract to the custard and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake the pie for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven.
- Refrigerate the pie until it’s cold and fully firm.
Recipe by bakefromscratch