Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
How to create a perfectly moist cake enriched with honey and almonds? Well you find the right instructions on how to bake this in slightly easy steps.
All the ingredients you need are the following:
7 tbsp melted unsalted butter
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp raw honey
1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
If the ingredients are all prepared, you can now do the following directions. Always remember to prepare everything you need first in order to create a perfect honey almond loaf.
1. In a large bowl, whisk the egg.
2. Add the remaining 3/4 cup of brown sugar and mix.
3. Add the 4 tablespoons melted butter
4. Add 1/2 cup of honey and mix
5.Gradually mix in the buttermilk
1. In a separate large bowl, pour the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix after each addition of each ingredient.
2. Add the dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture and mix it until smooth.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Thickly butter a 6-cup loaf pan.
3. Pour 3 tbsp melted butter. Swirl to coat the loaf pan.
4. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the brown sugar. Shower 2 tbsp of honey and sprinkle the almonds over the bottom.
1. Pour the mix ingredients into the prepared loaf pan.
2. Bake 50 to 55 minutes in 350 degrees F.
3. Insert a tester in the middle of the cake. When it comes out dry and smooth. Let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
4. Remove the load onto a wire rack and let cool until the topping is hardened.
Source: Food Network