This recipe is perfect for Honey Lovers out there! This infused tender honey cake is all in all delicious thanks to the natural flavors of the Honey. Packed with nutrients and the mellow and undertone sweetness in its texture. Good pair when you add up some Cream Cheese Frosting for a tangy sweet flavor. With a good amount of nice honey butterscotch glaze on top that will compliment not only the design but also the flavor.
For the Honey Cake:
3 cups of all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons salt
1 cup buttermilk
½ cup honey
2 teaspoons vanilla
8 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
1 ½ cups sugar
4 eggs, room temperature
For the Honey Cream Cheese Frosting:
12 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 to 6 cups confectioners sugar
⅓ cup of honey
For The Honey Butterscotch Glaze:
⅓ cup sugar
¼ cup honey
½ cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Pinch of fine sea salt
Gold ending sugar (optional)
To make the Honey Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grab your three 8 inch round pans and butter it lightly and lightly flour.
- Get your medium bowl, put and mix together the flour, your baking powder and salt and then set aside.
- In your small bowl, put all together the buttermilk, honey, and vanilla and mix it altogether and then set aside.
- In your bowl of stand mixer fitted along with the paddle attached, beat the butter and the sugar on a medium speed for 4 minutes until fluffy texture.
- Then add your eggs, one at a time beating them well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add your dry and wet ingredients gradually, alternating and starting and ending with dry ingredients. Mix them until combined, being careful not to over mix the batter.
- Evenly divide the batter between your three 8 inch round pans
- For 30-35 minutes bake your cake until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the pans for 10 to 15 minutes, and then remove to the wire rack to finish cooling.
Make the Honey Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a bowl of your stand mixer, beat your butter and cream cheese until creamy.
- Gradually add your confectioners sugar and continue to mix.
- Then add your Honey and mix smoothly.
Make the Honey Butterscotch Glaze:
- Combine your sugar and honey to a medium pan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves and it becomes a liquid.
- Continue to cook without stirring and swirling your pan occasionally. Your mixture will bubble and start to darken into color,
- Once your mixture turns into a brown, you have your butterscotch brown mixture. Stir using your spoon and remove from the heat.
- Carefully add in the cream and stir until fully combined,
- Then add your butter to give it a creamy shine texture and stir until fully combined.
- Let the sauce cool completely before using it on the cake. Store in the refrigerator for 2o minutes and take it out and wait for it to come to room temperature before pouring it on your cake.
Assembling the Cake:
- Place one layer of your cake onto a serving plate of your choice, top it with one cup of your honey cream cheese frosting. Repeat the step with the second layer of cake, more frosting and then the last layer of your cake.
- Start crumb coating and frosting your cake with remaining frosting. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until frosting is set.
- Start drizzling your butterscotch glaze over the top of your cake. Refrigerate again for the glaze to set.
- Cut through the cake and serve, and enjoy!
Recipe By: The Cake Blog