- 225g Ioway Bee Farm honey
- 225g sugar
- 225g butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 570g plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cloves heaped
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ginger
- Melt the honey, sugar, butter and water. Cool.
- Sift the flour, soda and spices into a mixing bowl.
- Add the melted mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Let stand overnight.
- The dough will harden, knead well after standing.
- Roll out dough onto a floured surface.
- Using Christmas shapes, cut out biscuits.
- Place on a greased tray and bake at 180C for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Biscuits will be soft out of the oven, but will harden on cooling.