This sweet serene, honey cookie filled with nutrients and vitamins thanks to the benefits of the honey that is one of the ingredients in this recipe, this honey butter that will melt in your mouth once you take a bite will bring out the best outcome of the honey’s natural essence and flavor.
© Google Image Search – Taste of Home
What you will need:
½ cup or 1 stick of unsalted butter
¾ cup or 135 grams of brown sugar
160 grams or ½ cup of Ioway honey
1 egg yolk
315 grams or 2 and ¼ cup of plain flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until pale, and creamy. Then add the honey and the egg yolk. Beat again to form a creamy mixture. Sift the flour, the baking soda, ginger,cinnamon, and salt.
- Briefly beat until the dough starts to come in together. Use hands to gather the dough and form into a large round disc. Then wrap the dough in a plastic and place it in the fridge for exactly 30 minutes to rest.
- Preheat the oven to 180c (350 F) standard / 160c (320 F) fan-forced. Line two cookie or even trays with baking or parchment paper.
- Flour your bench lightly to roll out the dough using a rolling pin to about ½ inch thick. Don’t forget to dust your rolling pin as you go to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Start cutting out shapes using your preferred cookie cutters and gently place the cookies to your prepared trays. Bake the cooking for 10-12 minutes or until just golden on the edges. Then remove from the oven and transfer the cookies into a wire rack to completely cool.
Recipe by Sweetest Menu