Many of us are accustomed to sweet sugar. In particular, young children don’t like to eat honey very much. So, I would like to introduce a simple jam-making recipe for families to eat together.
Even those who do not like honey well can enjoy healthy and delicious jam with strawberry sweetness and honey.
- Strawberry (freeze strawberry is also ok)
- Lemon juice
- Put strawberries and honey in the pot. Since honey is sweet enough, you don’t need to add too much. Ratio of 1 kg of strawberries with 300g of honey was good for us.
- Mix them well. If you are using frozen strawberries, you might have lots of water coming but it is okay.
- Put the pot on the gas stove and boil at a high temperature. Once it starts to boil, reduce to a low temperature. Most importantly, you need to keep mixing it so ingredients do not get stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Just keep mixing until all the strawberries get crushed.
- Turn off the stove and put one spoon of lemon juice. Lemon juice acts as a preservative.
- Cool down and put it in the jar. Keep it inside the refrigerator.
When you are mixing the ingredients, many people are confused to figure out if it is ready. If you think it is ready, use the spoon and scoop a little of jam and put it in the water. If the jam keeps the shape it is ready. If it spreads out inside water then it is not ready yet.
Hope you enjoy it!!!