Honeyed Carrot Soup Easy Recipe
A soup that is a good balance of sweet and savory flavors. With honey as a sweetener it is added to keep your immune system strong. It is also wonderful to serve with your favorite winter salad, sandwiches, and even holiday entrees. It really goes well with so many flavors, a versatile soup to keep in your repertoire. This creamy soup is actually made without cream. It’s a light and healthy soup and is budget-friendly too.
Here are the procedures on how to prepare a honeyed carrot soup for your family.
2 tbsp butter
2 stalks sliced leeks
5 ⅔ peeled and sliced carrots
1 tbsp honey
1 pinch chili flakes
2 bay leaves
1 pinch salt
8 ⅓ vegetable stock
⅛ sour cream to taste
- Melt the butter in the large cooking pot or saucepan over medium heat; Add the Leeks. Stir occasionally for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add carrots, honey, chili flakes, bay leaves, and salt. Stir often for a couple of minutes.
- Pour vegetable stock. Stir quickly.
- Boil then simmer for 30 minutes until carrots are nice and soft.
- Remove 2 bay leaves. Serve!
Recipe by mummypages