© A Communal Table – Image Google Search
Did you know that English Honey Tarts is one of the typical traditional British Desserts? Well for sure, you wouldn’t resist making one of these Tart. Since we have a pandemic now and we cannot travel to the british country just to taste their traditional desserts, why don’t we bring them in our kitchen, right?
Well you must need the following ingredients.
100 grams diced butter
75 grams icing sugar
200 grams plain flour
2 egg yolks
1 egg white to glaze
150 grams Raw Honey
100 grams golden syrup
25 grams black treacle
100 grams white breadcrumbs, from slightly stale bread
1 lemon zest and juice
zest of 1 medium orange
2 lightly beaten medium eggs
200ml double cream
First of all, you must first start by making the pastry.
1. Whiz the butter, icing sugar, and flour together, add a pinch of salt in a food processor. Wait until it forms a texture.
2. Add the flour mixture and mix together until the pastry starts to form in a circle.
3. Flatten into a disc like the pizza
4. Wrap in a clingfilm
5. Rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
1. Roll out to 5mm thick on a floured surface.
2. Press into a 20cm tart tin.
3. Roll over the rolling pin over the top to cut away the excess pastry.
4. Gently prick the pastry base with a fork to stop it from rising.
5. Line with crumpled baking paper and fill with baking beans or rice.
6. Chill for 30 minutes or until firms.
7. Preheat the oven to 180 degree C, Fan 160 degree C and gas 4.
1. Bake on a baking tray for 20 minutes until the pastry has set
2. Remove the baking paper and beans and bake for a further 10 minutes until the pastry is cooked through and dry.
3. Brush with the lightly beaten egg white and bake for another 3 minutes ti seal imperfections.
1. For the Filling, gentle heat together the honey, syrup, and treacle in a pan.
2. Next, mix the breadcrumbs, citrus zests, lemon juice, and pinch of salt
3. Add the eggs and cream
4. Pour into the tart shape pastry and then bake for 25 minutes until set.
NOTE: IF YOU GIVE IT A MILD SHAKE, THERE SHOULD BE NO MOVEMENT IN THE MIX.
4. Cool for at least 30 minutes before service so the filling will not be very hot.
5. Serve with cream!