Preparation Time: 5 hours
Add some spice to your favorite honey glazed turkey with these simple directions. All you need is the following ingredients:
1 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp coriander
2 tbsp of smoked paprika
2 tbsp of curry powder
1 tbsp of chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp ginger powder
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 cup of raw honey
1. Heat the oven to 425 degrees
2. Add honey to a saucepan over low flame. Stir until it gets thin for about 1 minute or as you like. Just make sure you don’t burn the honey to avoid bitter taste.
3. Add the turmeric, coriander, smoked paprika, curry powder, chili powder, salt, pepper, ginger powder, and coconut oil. Stir till the spices and coconut oil are well combined.
4. Brush the entire turkey with spiced honey mixture using a culinary brush.
5. Place the turkey in the oven and bake at 425 degrees F for 30 minutes.
6. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue cooking.
7. Open the oven every 40 minutes and brush the spiced honey mixture over the turkey.
NOTE: If you notice the wings or legs of the turkey are beginning to burn, cover the turkey with foil and let cook till the thickest part of the thigh. Registers 165 degrees F – according to instructions on the package. Cooking time is based on the lb of the turkey.
8. Remove the turkey from the oven and let the turkey rest for at least 30 minutes before carving.
9. For the leftover spiced honey mixture, add about 1/4 cup honey and simmer for about 5 minutes and serve it as a dipping sauce for your Spiced Honey Glazed Turkey.