Grilling is not limited to meats and vegetables. This technique can be used in fruits like peaches and apricots. It simply brings out the sweetness created by the fruit, resulting in caramelization. We’re sharing a great recipe that involves peaches and honey cream.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (better if melted)
- 2 tablespoons Ioway Bee Farm honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Dash of kosher salt
- 4 medium peaches (slice in half)
- Cooking spray
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 ½ tablespoons half-and-half
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries
- Combine melted butter, 1 tablespoon honey, cardamom, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the peaches, and toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes. (You may use apricot in replacement of the peaches)
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat, coat the pan with a cooking spray, and place peaches on the grill pan. Best to grill for 2 minutes each side or until grill marks appear.
- Combine yogurt, half-and-half, remaining 1 tablespoon honey, and vanilla in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Serve with peaches and raspberries.
- Optional step: Mint is an additional garnish, if desired.