Start the day right with these breakfast recipes. These are worth getting up for every morning!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ioway Pure Honey Queenline
- Optional: Fresh fruit, maple syrup and powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Combine the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Pour batter by 1/2 cupfuls into a preheated waffle iron; bake according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Garnish with toppings as desired.
- Drizzle Ioway Pure Honey Queenline on top.
Lemon and Coriander Greek Yogurt
- 2 quarts pasteurized whole milk
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt with live active cultures
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- In a Dutch oven, heat milk over medium heat until a thermometer reads 200°, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching. Remove from heat; let stand until a thermometer reads 112°-115°, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk 1 cup warm milk into yogurt until smooth; return all to pan, stirring gently. Stir in lemon zest and coriander. Transfer mixture to warm, clean jars, such as 1-quart canning jars.
- Cover jars; place in the oven, turn on oven light to keep the mixture warm, about 110°. Let stand, undisturbed, 6-24 hours or until yogurt is set, tilting jars gently to check. (Yogurt will become thicker and more tangy as it stands.)
- Refrigerate, covered, until cold. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. If desired, serve with honey.