Summer is all about fun activities that greatly involve an afternoon full of ice-cold cocktails in the great outdoors. We’ve got 3 cocktail recipes using clean, fresh ingredients that will bring your summer to life and give you new and inspiring ways to use our Ioway Bee honey!
- Raspberry Honey Mojito
- 1 tablespoons of fresh raspberries
- 10 mint leaves
- Juice of one half lime
- 1 tablespoons Raspberry Creamed Honey
- 1 shot (1 1/2 oz.) white rum
- 2 shots (3 oz.) cranberry juice
- Mix raspberries, mint leaves, lime juice and honey very well.
- Add white rum, cranberry juice and ice.
- Shake well and serve in a Collins glass.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and a few whole raspberries.
- Espresso Honey Martini
- 30 ml vodka or gin
- 30 ml coffee liqueur (kahlua, tia Maria etc)
- 30 ml espresso coffee
- 1 teaspoon of Ioway Pure Honey
- Grab a clean espresso martini glass, pour a generous amount of honey.
- Prepare the coffee then use a small amount of it to soften the honey. Stir it down and put in the bottom of the martini glass.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add vodka or gin, coffee liqueur, and the remaining coffee.
- Shake until it is cold.
- Strain the mixture into the martini glass. Garnish with a coffee bean or a dash of nutmeg.
3. Basil Honey Smash
- A small handful of fresh Basil (around 10 leaves minimum)
- 50 ml gin or vodka
- 25 ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Ioway Raw Honey
- Chop the fresh basil leaves and add to a cocktail shaker.
- Squeeze in the juice of half of a large lemon and muddle both together.
- Add the honey to this, stirring thoroughly until it dissolves into the lemon juice.
- Add the gin (or vodka) to the lemon, basil and honey mix, top up with ice and shake till frothy.
- Fill in your glass, garnish with a basil leaf and a thin half slice of lemon.